SEO Technical Strategist
Marathon Consulting is seeking a SEO Technical Strategist to serve the Digital Marketing portfolio of clients. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 to 4 years working as a SEO Strategist. Marathon offers an attractive benefit, training, and salary package. The employee’s health, dental, life, short & long term disability are paid 100%.
- Develop the strategy and execution of SEO best practices for Marathon Consulting clients.
- Manage and monitor SEO tools to track websites and rankings.
- Provide SEO recommendations and quantitative reporting.
- Perform technical site audits aimed at providing clients with actionable recommendations to bring their site in-line with best practices.
- Develop ROI-focused keyword strategies using keyword research tools, web analytics data, and competitive research. Create enhanced site architectures to support this keyword strategy.
- Align Paid Search, Social, and Organic efforts to maximize all search traffic.
- Work closely with clients to help educate them on SEO process and its principles.
- Responsible for technical SEO implementation, such as: cross domain tracking, sitemap guidance and audits, structured data and schema, redirect maps, and Google Tag Manager & Analytics goal implementation.
- Assist paid search and social team with strategy, campaign builds, and performance analysis.
- Track, report, and analyze on-page and technical SEO data for clients.
- 3-4 years of SEO experience executing SEO campaigns for large brands/sites in multiple client industries. (retail, education, technology, healthcare, business services).
- Must have technical experience working with large scale enterprise websites.
- Expert Knowledge of redirects, Schema, XML sitemaps, responsive design, and other related technical tactics.
- Additional online marketing experience strongly preferred. (paid search, social, and display)
- Expert knowledge of Google tools - including Analytics, Ads, Trends, Search Console, etc.
- Expert knowledge of search engine ranking factors/algorithms.
- Excellent Knowledge of website best practices and HTML/CSS.
- Previous advanced authority building (link building) experience a plus.
- Knowledge of web application languages (ASP, ASP.NET, PHP) a plus.
- Ability to manage and communicate SEO as a business strategy.
- Ability to work with all levels of clients, staff, and management.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work on-site in the Hampton Roads area (Virginia Beach).
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to email@example.com.