Marathon Consulting is seeking a database/BI developer to serve clients throughout the Richmond, VA area. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years working with SQL Server developing complex queries and reports and 2 years of ETL experience.
Marathon employees receive a competitive salary, paid time off, and bonus opportunities. We also provide a healthy work-life balance and the flexibility to work hybrid/remote. You will receive our healthcare package, which pays 100% of the employee premium, a competitive 401K match program, professional training, $300 annually for health and wellness or pre-approved home office enhancements, and the opportunity for tremendous growth. Marathon makes relocation to our Hampton Roads or Richmond offices easier by providing relocation assistance to selected candidates.
- Relational database design and development
- Design and development of standard and complex reports from business requirement documents
- ETL development in an MS SQL Server/Oracle environment
- Development of technical specs from business requirement documents
- Familiarity with data warehouse design
- BS/BA in technology-related field preferred or relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of client staff and management
- 4 years’ experience with MS SQL Server, including schema design, database creation and maintenance, stored procedures, T-SQL, and query optimization
- 4 years’ experience designing and developing reports using complex stored procedures in MS SQL Server and/or Oracle and a report writing tool such as MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access, or other tools
- 2 years’ experience of ETL development using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, MS Data Transformation Services (DTS), or other tools
- Database performance tuning, including query optimization and indexing strategies
- Data warehousing/business intelligence design and development
- Third-party data visualization tools and dashboards (Tableau, Power BI, Hyperion, etc.)
- Database administrator (DBA)
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to email@example.com.