Business Development Manager
Marathon Consulting is seeking a Business Development Manager to serve clients throughout Richmond, VA and the surrounding areas. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 to 10 years of IT services sales experience and reside in the Richmond market.
As a Marathon Business Development Manager, you receive a competitive salary plus commission and paid time off. We also provide a healthy work-life balance and the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule. You will receive our healthcare package, which pays 100% of the employee premium, a competitive 401K match program, professional training, $300 annually for health and wellness or pre-approved home office enhancements, and the opportunity for tremendous growth.
- Responsible for sales and account management for new IT Service clients the Richmond office
- Prospecting new business through professional associations, user groups, company-sponsored events, and prior contacts in the business community
- Prepare and deliver Marathon’s service offering introductions to new leads and report pursuit status weekly
- Prepare sales documents in response to new opportunities in the form of proposals, work orders, and RFI/RFP responses
- Deliver proposal presentations to prospective clients interested in Marathon’s services
- Care and feeding of local Richmond accounts
- Recordkeeping and pursuit status tracking and reporting to Marathon's management team via CRM (Dynamics) and weekly sales meetings
- 5 to 10 years of sales experience in the IT industry (IT Service experience a plus)
- BS degree in business or related field
- Formal sales training using a recognized method preferred
- Strong professional references
- Possess the ability to present well thought out solutions to sales issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) a must
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must reside in the greater Richmond, VA area and have a track record of selling in the Richmond market
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.