Hampton Roads – Web Designer
At Marathon, we run faster and see further…and we are growing!
We are looking for a talented, creative and experienced Web Designer to join our team. Check out the details below and apply if this sounds like an opportunity for you!
Web Designer Job Description - You’ll be a part of our Digital Marketing team, which designs, develops and implements high volume, complex marketing and eCommerce websites. From intuitive information architecture to visually appealing UI, we implement streamlined, functional, and responsive websites for the best user experience and successful ROI. Together our team of strategists, designers, developers, and marketers work with our clients to ensure the end result is the start of a new and engaging online presence for their business.
The ideal Web Designer will have at least 2 years of experience designing solutions for the web and other mediums. Marathon offers an attractive benefits, training, and salary package. The employee’s health, dental, life, short & long term disability are paid 100%.
Web Designer Responsibilities:
- Translate business and user requirements into highly engaging and compelling design concepts for web and print.
- Conceptualize, design, and develop the User Interface, as well as the overall look and feel of web pages.
- Create digital designs for online channels.
- Communicate design strategy and rationale to our team and other key stakeholders.
- Create designs including wireframes, visual design mock-ups, visual assets and documentation required for proper implementation.
- Analyze tasks, navigation and flows using UX best practices for the web and mobile.
Web Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in new media design, interactive design, or another visualization discipline or relevant experience.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio that showcases your work and shows examples of functional designs that you have developed.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years of Adobe Create Cloud expertise, specifically PhotoShop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- 2+ years of digital design experience including websites, landing pages, and online marketing campaigns.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/Bootstrap and modern Content Management Systems.
- Strong knowledge of current web design principles, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), mobile development, and usability standards.
- Ability to work with all levels of client staff and management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment, with the ability to incorporate team feedback into designs throughout iterations.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work quickly without sacrificing quality.
Since 2006, Marathon has provided IT and Digital Marketing services to a variety of clients. We began as a team of 4 - today, we have over 90 full-time employees, have served over 300 clients, and have 2 offices – one in Virginia Beach and one in Richmond, VA. The key to our growth is rooted in the performance of our employees and our company culture. We maintain a great team by having a lot of fun and providing employees with the following:
- A balanced lifestyle
- Personal and professional growth
- Exciting and challenging work
- Great benefits that are paid 100% (employee’s health, dental, life and long term disability are paid 100%)
- Opportunities to give back to the community
Check out our website at www.marathonus.com for a complete listing of job openings and more details about our work, our clients and our people!
Marathon Consulting LLC., is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send resume in Word/PDF format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.