Hampton Roads – Technology Business Analyst
Marathon Consulting is seeking a Technology Business Analyst to serve clients throughout the Hampton Roads VA area. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 to 6 years working as Senior Business Analyst working closely with an IT department/division. Marathon offers an attractive benefit, training, and salary package. The employee’s health, dental, life and long-term disability are paid 100%. Marathon makes relocation to our Hampton Roads or Richmond offices easier by providing relocation assistance to selected candidates.
The Technology Business Analyst supports day-to-day business activities that complement and enhance the business strategy, goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to support good technology decisions.
The incumbent will help theorize, develop integrated technology business management processes, utilize tools to capture accurate data, and ultimately help transform this data into actionable information that quantifies the true business value.
- The analyst will be responsible for managing and coordinating the daily activities of financial data modeling within the Information Technology Financial Management (ITFM) system.
- He/ She will also be responsible for gaining an in-depth understanding of the configuration, the loading, analyzing and reporting of operational data within the system.
- Serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
- Conceptualize and implement processes and tools to capture the total cost of providing services, increase the cost transparency, improve forecasting, planning and business performance.
- Lead and engage with internal technical and business teams to analyze existing tools and processes, elicit, analyze and document requirements, priorities and manage requirements at the project level.
- Undertake inventory of data sources for financial and technology focused metrics, indicators, etc., from across internal systems used for infrastructure management, service management, project management, QA and SDLC management.
- Define and potentially build specific service or product definitions. Service definitions may be simple tasks or more complex, business valued services
- Clearly articulate and document business requirements
- Construct dynamic cost models with core functionality, scalability and design flexibility
- Support in the implementation of new costing models
- Support IT Governance
- Drive the design of integrated dashboards and monitoring systems
- Create and distribute routine and standard reports, analyze data, provide assessments of trends, identify and explain variance from goals
- Manage ongoing relationship with internal partners to drive satisfaction and transfer knowledge
- Create/Maintain the documentation of various technical, functional design documents, SOPs and user training
- Ensure change management processes, training and communication activities related to implementations.
- BS/BA or higher in a Technology related field
- 4 to 6+ Years of experience as a Technical Business Analyst or Project Manager
Other skills preferred, not required:
- Familiarity with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification
- Understanding of Technology Business Management (TBM)
- Experience with Apptio or other ITFM Solutions
- Project and PMO Experience
Marathon Consulting LLC., is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send resume in Word/PDF format as an attachment to email@example.com.