Hampton Roads - Database/BI Developer
Marathon Consulting is seeking a Database/BI Developer to serve clients throughout the Hampton Roads VA area including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Newport News. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years working with SQL Server developing complex queries/reports and 2 years of ETL experience. Marathon offers an attractive benefits, training, and salary package. The employee’s health, dental, life and long term disability are paid 100%.
- Relational Database Design and Development
- Design and development of standard and complex reports from business requirement documents
- ETL development in an MS SQL Server/Oracle environment
- Development of technical specs from business requirement documents
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse design
- BS/BA in Technology related field preferred or relevant experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of client staff and management
- 4 years’ experience with MS SQL Server including Schema Design, Database creation/maintenance, Stored Procedures, T-SQL, and Query Optimization
- 4 years’ experience designing and developing reports using complex Stored Procedures in MS SQL Server and/or Oracle and a report writing tool such as: MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Crystal Reports, Microsoft Access or other tools
- 2 years’ experience of ETL development using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Informatica, MS Data Transformation Services (DTS) or other tools
- Database performance tuning, including query optimization and indexing strategies
Other skills preferred, not required:
- Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence Design and Development
- Third party data visualization tools and dashboards (Tableau, Power BI, Hyperion, etc.)
- Database Administrator (DBA)
Marathon Consulting LLC., is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send resume in Word/PDF format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.