Hampton Roads – Application Developer - JAVA
Marathon Consulting is seeking an Application Developer to serve clients throughout the Hampton Roads VA area including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Newport News. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of Object Oriented programming, and 2 years of experience with Java. Marathon offers an attractive benefits, training, and salary package. The employee’s health, dental, life, short & long term disability are paid 100%.
***Unfortunately, at this time Marathon is unable to provide sponsorship for this opportunity.
- Design and develop API web services using Java
- Design and develop Java Spring applications using Spring Boot
- Collaborate with the team to create a framework for developing solutions more consistently and efficiently
- Assist team on design patterns, best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Assist in customization and integration of third-party systems into the existing suite of software systems
- Write technical documentation
- Help with builds and releases
- BS/BA in Technology related field preferred or relevant experience
- 4+ years of Object-Oriented Application Programming experience with Java
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Database experience (Postgres, MS SQL, or Oracle)
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Development architectural concepts, patterns, and standards
Other Skills Preferred Not Required:
- Java experience based in version 8 to 11
- Specific Angular 2 or Higher Experience
- Experience with Java Spring and Spring Boot
- Cloud Deployment Experience with AWS or Azure
Marathon Consulting LLC., is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send resume in Word/PDF format as an attachment to email@example.com.