Hampton Roads – Application Developer - DevOps
Marathon Consulting is seeking an Application Developer with DevOps experience to serve clients throughout the Hampton Roads VA area including Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Newport News. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of Object Oriented programming, and 2 years of experience with DevOps and Cloud infrastructure. Marathon offers an attractive benefits, training, and salary package. The employee’s health, dental, life, short & long term disability are paid 100%.
***Unfortunately, at this time Marathon is unable to provide sponsorship for this opportunity.
- Design and develop API web services using Java/C#
- Experience in many different areas of AWS/Azure
- Participated in cloud based migrations of applications and data
- DevOps experience in setting up monitoring, CI/CD, testing, deployments, and containers
- Collaborate with the team to create a framework for developing solutions more consistently and efficiently
- Participate in planning by analyzing requirements, estimating work effort, performing demos, etc.
- Assist and mentor team on design patterns, best practices, tools, and frameworks
- Assist in customization and integration of third-party systems into the existing suite of software systems
- Write technical documentation
- Help with builds and releases
- BS/BA in Technology related field preferred or relevant experience
- 4+ years of Object-Oriented Application Programming experience with C# or Java
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Database experience (Postgres, MS SQL, or Oracle)
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Development architectural concepts, patterns, and standards
- 2+ years experience of Azure/AWS Cloud experience in deployment and cloud-based migrations and private clouds
- 2+ experience with establishing and participating in DevOps best practices with container deployment (like Kubernetes), application monitoring (like Nagios), and CI/CD
- Linux experience
Marathon Consulting LLC., is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send resume in Word/PDF format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.