Digital Marketing SEO Strategist
Marathon Consulting is seeking an SEO strategist to support our digital marketing team on SEO management, analysis, and optimizations—additional paid search experience strongly preferred. This team is responsible for delivering powerful, data-driven marketing campaigns to our clients. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of SEO and paid search experience executing campaigns for brands and sites in multiple client industries.
In addition to supporting our clients, you will be joining a collaborative, supportive, talented team that provides a feeling of community. Your work will be diversified, challenging, and very rewarding. The wide variety of projects you will work on will allow you to continuously grow and optimize your skill set.
Marathon employees receive a competitive salary, paid time off, and bonus opportunities. We also provide a healthy work-life balance and the flexibility to work hybrid/remote. You will receive our healthcare package, which pays 100% of the employee premium, a competitive 401K match program, professional training, $300 annually for health and wellness or pre-approved home office enhancements, and the opportunity for tremendous growth. Marathon makes relocation to our Hampton Roads or Richmond offices easier by providing relocation assistance to selected candidates.
- Develop the strategy and execution of SEO best practices for Marathon Consulting clients
- Manage and monitor SEO platforms and tools to track rankings
- Provide SEO recommendations and quantitative reporting
- Support the paid search team on an as-needed basis
- Perform technical site audits aimed at crawling sites to identify issues and provide solutions to improve site performance, as well as provide reporting on the impact of these recommendations
- Review websites for page speed and mobile best practices and provide guidance to the website development team
- Develop ROI-focused keyword strategies using keyword research tools, web analytics data, and competitive research
- Create enhanced site architectures to support keyword priorities
- Work closely with clients to help educate them on the SEO process and its principles
- Track, report, and analyze on-page and technical SEO data for clients
- Technical SEO implementation, such as: cross-domain tracking, sitemap guidance and audits, redirect maps, and Google Tag Manager and Analytics goal implementation
- Align paid search, social, and organic efforts to maximize all search traffic
- Assist paid search and social team with strategy, campaign builds, and performance analysis
- A minimum of 3 years of on-page and technical SEO experience for brands and sites in multiple client industries with paid search experience strongly preferred
- Ability to manage and communicate SEO as a business strategy
- Knowledge of Google tools including Analytics, Tag Manager, Ads, Trends, Search Console, Google My Business, etc.
- Knowledge of search engine ranking factors and algorithms
- Knowledge of redirects, schema, XML sitemaps, responsive design, and other related technical tactics
- Ability to work with all levels of clients, staff, and management
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have a valid driver’s license
- A passion for digital marketing and driving stellar results for clients!
- Knowledge of web application languages (ASP, ASP.NET, PHP)
- Previous advanced authority building (link building) experience
*Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Marathon Consulting, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply, fill out the form above or send your resume in Word or PDF format as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.